Bio Spot® Defense® Spot On® Topical Treatment
contains active ingredients to start killing fleas and ticks within 15 minutes. It also kills and repels mosquitoes. Patent-pending Smart Shield applicator design is ergonomically designed for easy handling and uses flow control to avoid contact with your skin. This effective formula contains an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) to kill flea eggs and prevent reinfestation for up to 2 1/2 months.
- Now with a safer and more effective formula
- Water-resistant through rain and swimming
- Premium packaging panel with Treatment Schedule reminds pet owners when to reapply
Check out the commercial below to see the Smart Shield applicator in action:
Intended for use on dogs or puppies six months and older. Do not use on cats. Packaged for effective retail display. Size
: Available for dogs 6-12 Lbs, 13-31 Lbs, 32-55 Lbs, 56-80 Lbs, Over 80 Lbs
Etofenprox (CAS # 80844-07-1) 30.0%
(S)-Methoprene (CAS # 65733-16-6) 3.6%
Piperonyl Butoxide (CAS # 51-03-6)* 5.0% Other Ingredients
61.4% (Butyl Carbityl, 6-Propylpiperonyl Ether, and Related Compounds) Total
*IMPORTANT! Intended for Use on Dogs & Puppies 6 Months of Age or Older READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE. USE ONLY ON DOGS OR PUPPIES.
*Products available in US only
*DO NOT USE ON CATS! May be toxic and potentially fatal if applied to or ingested by cats. Cats that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with recently treated dogs may be at risk of serious harmful effects.
DO NOT USE ON CATS!
- Bend at perforation and tear off first month’s applicator.
- Hold applicator and bend area of plastic at perforation, tear off and discard.
- Hold applicator upright and snap tip back, away from face and body.
- Position the tip of the applicator on the dog’s back between the shoulder blades. Apply 1/2 of the contents of the applicator.
- Invert the applicator to an upright position and move to the dog’s hindquarters. Position the tip of the applicator at the base of the tail and apply the remaining contents of the applicator.
- Do not reapply product for 30 days.
NOTE: DO NOT APPLY BIO SPOT® DEFENSE® SPOT ON® FLEA & TICK CONTROL FOR DOGS TO CATS. This product is intended for dogs only! Although Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs is applied only between the shoulder blades and at the base of the tail, the dog’s skin and hair oils carry the product over the entire body for protection against fleas, ticks, and flea eggs. Most effective when used as part of a total flea and tick management program. Use other Bio Spot® products registered for residential area control of these pests in conjunction with this treatment.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.